ITIL: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Looking to optimize your IT service management processes? Consider ITIL, the globally recognized framework that provides a structured approach to IT service management. By adopting ITIL practices, organizations can streamline their IT service delivery, improve customer satisfaction and align their IT services with their business goals. From incident management to problem resolution and change management, ITIL offers a comprehensive set of best practices that can help your organization achieve IT service excellence. Explore the benefits of ITIL, learn how to implement the framework and take your IT service management to the next level.
- ITIL is a set of best practices for IT service management that helps organizations align their IT services with their business needs.
- The ITIL framework consists of five core books, covering service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement.
- By adopting the ITIL framework, organizations can improve their service delivery, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- ITIL emphasizes the importance of service management processes, such as incident management, problem management, change management, and service level management.
- With its focus on continual improvement, ITIL enables organizations to adapt to changing business needs and technologies, while ensuring that their IT services remain effective and efficient.
ITIL provides a comprehensive framework for IT service management, enabling organizations to streamline their IT processes, improve service quality, and reduce costs. With ITIL, teams can better align their IT services with business goals and customer needs, resulting in improved satisfaction and loyalty.
By adopting the ITIL framework and its service management processes, organizations can enhance their operational efficiency, deliver better quality services to customers, and stay ahead of the competition in a constantly evolving digital landscape.
- 90% of companies that use ITIL have reported improvement in their IT services (source: Axelos)
- 87% of Fortune 500 companies use ITIL (source: Axelos)
- ITIL helps organizations reduce unplanned downtime by up to 80% (source: Axelos)
The ITIL Strategic Leader certification is designed for IT professionals who want to develop their skills in digital and IT strategy. To obtain this certification, candidates must complete three courses, including the ITIL 4 Foundation course, as well as ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve and ITIL Leader: Digital & IT Strategy. These courses cover a range of ITIL practices and principles, including strategic planning, risk management, digital transformation, and governance. The certification recognizes an individual's ability to develop and implement digital and IT strategies that align with business objectives, and to lead organizational change to deliver value to customers and stakeholders.
The ITIL Managing Professional certification is designed for IT professionals who want to advance their skills and knowledge in IT service management. To obtain this certification, candidates must complete five courses, including the ITIL 4 Foundation course, as well as four ITIL Specialist courses: Create, Deliver & Support; Drive Stakeholder Value; High Velocity IT; and Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve. These courses cover a range of ITIL practices and principles, including service value systems, stakeholder management, service design and delivery, and continual improvement. The certification recognizes an individual's ability to lead IT teams and implement ITIL practices that align with business goals and objectives.
The ITIL Master certification is the highest level of achievement in the ITIL certification scheme, demonstrating an individual's mastery of ITIL best practices and their ability to apply them in real-world situations. To earn the ITIL Master certification, candidates must first complete the ITIL 4 Foundation course, followed by a series of three specialist courses, along with the the ITIL Strategist and ITIL Leader courses. These courses cover a range of topics related to IT service management, including service design, service transition, service operation, continual service improvement and more. Through this rigorous training and certification process, individuals can gain the knowledge and skills needed to lead IT service management initiatives, drive business value, and ensure continuous improvement.
- ITIL04 ITIL 4 Foundation (14 hrs)
- ITIL041 ITIL Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support (21 hrs)
- ITIL042 ITIL Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value (21 hrs)
- ITIL043 ITIL Specialist: High Velocity IT (21 hrs)
- ITIL044 ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve (21 hrs)
- ITIL045 ITIL Leader: Digital & IT Strategy (21 hrs)
ITIL Certification Maintenance
|Best Practice Organization
|Methods to Maintain Certification
|Professional Development Hours
|• All ITIL 4 Certifications
|• Retake Exam
• Take a qualifying ITIL course
• Submit professional development points (specific categories TBD)
|TBD (though probably up to 24 hours)