CompTIA Security+ certification proves your competency in system security, network infrastructure, access control and organizational security. This certification demonstrates an emphasis in information security and the skills needed to thwart malicious attacks and mitigate costs associated with security breaches. CompTIA Security+ not only ensures you can apply knowledge of security concepts, tools and procedures to react to security incidents, but it also ensures you can anticipate security risks and guard against them.
This is a 35-hour course.
- System Security
- Network Infrastructure
- Access Control
- Assessments and Audits
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Organizational Security
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Install and configure network-based and host-based security technologies
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance and disaster recovery
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them
- Take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam
This course helps the participant prepare for CompTIA’s Security+ SY0-501 exam and includes an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Learn about more cybersecurity topics here
The CompTIA Security+ certification is an entry-level security credential for IT professionals with two years of networking experience. It is recommended that you have the CompTIA Network+ certification, but professionals without it who have real-world experience have taken the course and successfully earned the Security+ certification.
This course is recommended for security architects, security engineers, security consultants/specialists, information assurance technicians, security administrators, systems administrators and network administrators.
"Attending remotely I really felt like I was in the classroom. The instructor made a point of asking the "online" folks questions and getting input from us."
Spring 2019 Participant