This PMI-ACP® prep course will provide attendees the required number of hours (21) to sit for the PMI-ACP® exam. This class will be a hands-on, immersive overview of multiple Agile frameworks and common techniques. Attendees can expect to learn agile techniques through exercises designed to simulate real-world efforts. Casual attire is highly recommended for this course.
What you will learn:
- Agile Principles and Mindset – Explore, embrace, and apply agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization.
- Value-driven Delivery – Deliver valuable results by producing high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities. Have the stakeholders provide feedback on these increments, and use this feedback to prioritize and improve future increments.
- Stakeholder Engagement – Engage current and future interested parties by building a trusting environment that aligns their needs and expectations and balances their requests with an understanding of the cost/effort involved. Promote participation and collaboration throughout the project life cycle and provide the tools for effective and informed decision making.
- Team Performance – Create an environment of trust, learning, collaboration, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization, enhances relationships among team members, and cultivates a culture of high performance.
- Adaptive Planning – Produce and maintain an evolving plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings.
- Problem Detection and Resolution – Continuously identify problems, impediments, and risks; prioritize and resolve in a timely manner; monitor and communicate the problem resolution status; and implement process improvements to prevent them from occurring again.
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People) – Continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and value of the product, the process, and the team.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Be prepared to take the PMI-ACP exam.
- Be able to use the tools and techniques you learned while studying for the PMI-ACP exam to improve your abilities to learn and to manage agile projects.
- Understand Agile project management certification requirements, the Agile manifesto, and Agile methodologies.
- Apply learned processes to manage an agile project in a real-world PM situation.
- Demonstrate to employers your level of professionalism in Agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 21.0 PDU