CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification is for IT practitioners whose job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this prep course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from threats.
Today’s IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course help you develop the skillset you need to perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
This is a 35-hour course.
- Risk Management
- Enterprise Security Architecture
- Enterprise Security Operations
- Technical Integration of Enterprise Security
- Research, Development and Collaboration
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security
- Manage risk in the enterprise
- Integrate computing, communications and business disciplines in the enterprise
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implement cryptographic techniques
- Implement security controls for hosts
- Implement security controls for storage
- Analyze network security concepts, components and architectures, and implement controls
- Implement security controls for applications
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks and applications in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conduct vulnerability assessments
- Conduct incident and emergency responses
- Take the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification exam
This course helps the participant prepare for CompTIA’s Advanced Security Practitioner CAS-003 exam and includes an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
It is recommended that you have at least a foundational knowledge of information security to take this course. Students seeking CASP certification should have 10 years of experience in IT management, with 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.