Certified network defenders protect, detect and respond to network attacks. This prep course teaches network defense fundamentals, including the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration. You will learn the intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning, which will help you design better network security policies and successful incident response plans.
This course covers 14 modules over 30 hours.
- Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Network Security Controls, Protocols and Devices
- Host Security
- Secure Firewall, Secure IDS and Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Wireless Network Defense
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a secure network in your organization
- Protect your network against threats
- Detect vulnerabilities in your network
- Respond to threats and attacks on your network
- Configure a secure firewall, IDS and VPN
- Back up and recover data
- Take the EC-Council CND exam
This course helps the participant prepare for the EC-Council’s Certified Network Defender (CND) exam and includes 6 months of iLabs access and an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Training is provided by Alpine Security, an EC-Council Accredited Training Center.
This is a core course for EC-Council certification and is recommended for network administrators and professionals with 1-2 years of information security experience.