The Certified Ethical Hacker certification prep course immerses you in an interactive environment where you will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure your own systems. This lab-intensive environment gives each student in-depth knowledge and practical experience with current security systems. You’ll begin by understanding how perimeter defenses work and then be led into scanning and attacking your own networks. (No real network is harmed.) You will learn how intruders escalate privileges and what steps can be taken to secure a system.
You will also learn about intrusion detection, policy creation, social engineering, DDoS attacks, buffer overflows and virus creation.
This course is version 10 and covers 20 modules over 30 hours.
- Foot Printing and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks and Vulnerability Analysis
- Sniffing, Social Engineering and Session Hijacking
- Evading IDS, Firewalls and Honeypots
- Hacking Webservers, Web Applications, Wireless Networks, Mobile Platforms and IoT
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain ethical hacking methodology
- Use common hacking tools including Trojans, viruses, malware, packet sniffing, social engineering and DoS/DDoS attacks
- Employ countermeasures to such attacks
- Understand IDS, firewall and honeypot evasion techniques
- Explain the methodology behind webserver, web application, wireless network and mobile platform attacks
- Defend IoT devices securely
- Understand cloud computing threats and apply security techniques
- Take the EC-Council CEH exam
This course helps the participant prepare for the EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam and includes an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Training is provided by Alpine Security, an EC-Council Accredited Training Center.
This is a core course for EC-Council certification and is recommended for security professionals, site administrators, security officers and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of their network infrastructure.
“The location, time, facilities, instructor, WUSTL staff are excellent for those needing professional courses. I liked the hard copies of the books which were the slides discussed during the lecture and the hands-on computer lab exercises. The instructor had a good sense of humor and kept our interest and provided appropriate breaks. He answered questions relevant and had excellent real-world experience. The available beverages and snacks were very much appreciated when there's not much time during lecture to find a vending machine. Overall, this is the best professional certification course I've had in years.” - Fall 2017 Participant