A single piece of personally identifiable information can be worth over $1,000 on the black market, so it’s not a matter of if your company’s data will be breached, it’s when. This course prepares you to plan for and respond to breaches, covering incident response, digital forensics, evidence acquisition and analysis. You will leave with an incident response framework to apply to your organization.
This is an 18-hour course.
- Incident Response Planning
- Data Collection, Forensic Duplication, Network-Based Evidence and Evidence Handling
- Computer Storage Fundamentals, Data Analysis and Network Traffic Analysis
- Hacking Tools
- Forensic Reporting
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the type of risks and best practices for preventing these risks
- Learn how to monitor computer systems for evidence of malicious activity
- Understand the steps involved in incident response process
- Learn how to analyze data gathered during an investigation
- Tailor the incident response framework to your organization
This course is recommended for defense, military and law enforcement personnel; e-business security professionals; system administrators; and IT managers. Legal, banking, insurance and government professionals can also benefit.
It applies toward the Cybersecurity Essentials certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cybersecurity Essentials : Required