Understanding how data travels from an attacker’s system to your corporate or home network is critical. Many successful attacks occur due to misconfigured devices, such as routers or firewalls.
The Security Architecture and Controls course provides a comprehensive understanding of how data travels across the Internet and through your network. You will analyze the path packets take, along with devices that can be used to minimize risk and provide a defense-in-depth posture. This course’s primary objective is to provide an understanding of architecture design and security controls that can be applied to reduce risk to enterprise environments.
This is an 18-hour course.
- Perimeter Security Fundamentals
- Packet Filtering
- Stateful Firewalls and Proxy Firewalls
- The Role of a Router
- Network Intrusion Detection
- Virtual Private Networks
- Host Hardening
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the major types of controls
- Implement packet filtering, proxy firewalls and stateful firewalls
- Identify security risks and design strategies to protect against intruders
- Identify different types of hacker activities and the security policies necessary to prevent hacker penetration
- Establish an effective security policy
- Understand the different phases of a security audit
This course is recommended for new developers and IT security professionals. It applies toward the Cybersecurity Essentials certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cybersecurity Essentials : Required