Cybersecurity is one of the fastest growing sectors in the world today. The Internet of Things (IoT) increases risk and invites criminal activity. Fundamental knowledge of cybersecurity is critical.
The IT Security Fundamentals course provides a foundation in cybersecurity and covers topics that provide perspective. The course is designed to increase awareness on what attackers can do, what they are after and how this impacts you. The course’s primary objective is to arm you with the knowledge to make informed decisions in an increasingly digital world.
This is a 12-hour course.
- Establishing a Security Strategy
- Security Risk Assessment
- Data Classification
- Developing a Layered Security Architecture
- Security Policy, Training and Testing
- Enterprise Identity Management
- Layered Security Architecture
- Change Management Control
- Incident Response and Forensic Investigation
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of risk assessment and data classification in making security cost justification decisions involving modern security systems and components
- Understand the terms, tools and techniques that will support your ability to eliminate as many threats as possible and engineer an appropriate response for all others
- Appreciate the role and need for an educated user community
NotesLearn about more cybersecurity topics here
This course is recommended for new developers and IT security professionals. It applies toward the Cybersecurity Essentials certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cybersecurity Essentials : Required