Formerly known as PMPR40 Schedule Management with Microsoft Project -Project managers are charged with developing and managing project schedules. On-time delivery is critical to project success, and contributes to controlling project cost. This course ensures students have a foundation of critical path method (CPM) scheduling concepts, and the ability to build a workable project plan. Students practice developing and analyzing schedules using Microsoft Project as a software tool.
- Scheduling Concepts and Terminology
- Task list
- Assigning Resources and Checking Work/Effort Against Budget
- Resource Calendars
- Shortening a Schedule
- Tracking Progress
- Analysis and Communication with Microsoft Project
- Develop preliminary and baseline project plans
- Plan for project resources
- Identify the critical path on a project
- Apply strategies for shorting the project schedule
- Use the project plan to track progress
- Manage toward on-time delivery
NotesAudience: This course is for project managers and team leaders who are responsible for developing project plans will benefit from this seminar. Individuals with basic exposure to Microsoft Project will find this course complements their knowledge of how to use the software with schedule management concepts. This course is included in the core curriculum of the Project Management Certificate.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Familiarity with navigation within the MS Office environment. We strongly suggest that you have previous knowledge in critical path methods and scheduling as in PMM101.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Tools & Techniques : Required