Professionals – especially technical professionals - often find themselves caught between getting the work done and communicating with their internal customers. Everyone has the same 24 hours, but how this time is managed can make a big difference in work effectiveness and results. This interactive workshop explores each participant’s key strengths and areas to improve in 12 key areas related to managing time and priorities. Detailed action plans are included to maximize after-workshop practice.
- Introduction: the importance and uniqueness of time as a resource
- Demonstration: how good time management techniques can produce higher productivity
- Skills gap analysis: Time Mastery Profile report (participants respond to the assessment prior to class)
- Important vs urgent – prioritization opportunities
- Keys to changing habits
- Discussion and action steps for each of 12 areas (see above), depending on participant assessment outcomes
- Action planning to apply new skills and knowledge on the job
- Identify their strengths and areas to improve regarding use of time and prioritization:
- Emails and other written communications
- Timed Time
- Describe 3-5 key action steps they can take to improve in 9 key areas
- Learn how others utilize tips and action steps to improve their use of time
- Discuss and demonstrate how action steps can be implemented
Audience: Managers and professionals who would like to get more accomplished each day will find the self-assessment and tips helpful to develop a plan they can follow and use. This workshop is required for students pursuing a certificate of advanced studies in Professional Effectiveness.
Learn about more business skills topics here