Every leader wants that “dream team” of happy, highly capable individuals who can achieve goals. Delegating work enables leaders to build team capacity and achieve results. So why aren’t they delegating more, and more often?
This course sets out to help leaders shift their mindset about what they can delegate and feel more comfortable and confident doing so. Learners dig into their workload to identify tasks they’d never consider delegating. They use methods for matching people to tasks they’re both motivated and capable of doing. And, they practice the delegation conversation they’ll have to ensure success.
- Delegation: Why you should be doing it more
- Share work to empower
- Leveraging your people
- Making the match
- The delegation conversation
- Delegation gone wrong
- Think BIG
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a tool to help them decide how to best leverage their people
- Make a commitment to find out more information about their team members to leverage them fully
- Discuss delegation as a way of both developing people and challenging them to do more
- Consider the capability and motivation of the people they have available before matching a person with the task they want to delegate
- Discuss with their peer coach ways to increase the capability or motivation of people who are not already capable or motivated