This ICAgile certification course focuses on the behaviors and skills necessary to transform an output-based enterprise into one that is impactful and outcome-driven. You will practice defining, prioritizing and delivering value that aligns with corporate vision and strategy, engaging stakeholders at broad levels, and measuring and maximizing customer value at scale. You will learn about the skills and practices for product ownership at the team and enterprise levels.
This is a 21-hour course, delivered over 3 days in person or 8 sessions virtually.
- Product Ownership as an Agile Discipline and Craft
- Enterprise Product Ownership Context
- Skills and Behaviors for Enterprise Product Ownership
- Value Leadership
- Defining Enterprise Value
- Seeking Value
- Value Context Around Initiatives
- Value Beyond Initiatives
- The Discovery Process
- The Bigger Picture
- Analyzing Beyond an Initiative
- The Continuous Discovery of Value
- Building for Discovery vs. Building for Delivery
- Discovery Beyond an Initiative
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and classify the variety of roles that could be present in a product ownership team, and explain the rationale for each role
- Categorize, select and apply tools to identify strategic outcomes based on organization goals and objectives (e.g., SWOT, Purpose Alignment Model)
- Formulate and explain ways to model value-based thinking and how product owners can act as mentors to other team members
- Discuss different negotiation tactics and how to help teams achieve consensus
- Express customer/client value in measurable terms
- Apply tools and techniques to predict and measure value over time
- Discuss and present a portfolio, applying techniques for negotiating and articulating value across programs and change initiatives
- Explain concepts of organizational change and discuss how any change impacts people
- Identify the solution components that will prove or disprove risky assumptions and plan them into the delivery schedule
- Explain when initiatives should be stopped, using enterprise value as a guide
NotesLearn about more agile topics here.
Enterprise Product Ownership is designed for business leaders and professionals who are product owners, product managers and product leaders. It counts toward the Agile Product Ownership certificate.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 21.0 PDU
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Agile Product Ownership : Agile Product Ownership