Individual differences are key to the success of any organization. Yet these vital differences can also lead to common workplace issues—stress, conflict, low productivity, and resistance to change. So how do you solve common problems among unique individuals? You begin with self-awareness. Self-awareness is a key component of effective management.
Foundation for Effective Leadership helps participants identify their strengths by focusing on the behaviors that “come naturally” to them. When leaders operate from their strengths and are aware of their weaknesses, they can more effectively coach, delegate, and correct performance problems.
- Introduction: Why interpersonal communication skills are important for technical professionals
- Everything DiSC® Workplace self-assessment report (participants respond to the assessment prior to class)
- Discovering your DiSC style
- Understanding other styles
- Building more effective relationships
- Action planning to apply new skills and knowledge on the job
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe their personal behavioral style
- Explain the four DiSC dimensions of behavior—Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscientiousness
- Flex their behavioral style to communicate more effectively with others
- Promote appreciation of individual differences
- Enhance individual and team performance by communicating more effectively
Audience: Technical professionals who must work and communicate clearly with others in the course of their career will learn how to increase their effectiveness with teams, in meetings, and in individual discussions with managers, peers, vendors, and customers.
Learn about more leadership development topics here
"As part of my path to self-discovery, my career journeys to be a better leader, this course gave me the tools I needed to move further towards my personal improvement goals. Thank you!"
Spring 2019 Participant
“I found [this] class to be extremely helpful in focusing on all the different ways we communicate and how to be more effective!”
Fall 2018 Participant
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Communication Certificate : Communication Certification