The advent of cloud computing and storage has ushered in the era of big data. With the abundance of computational power and storage, organizations and employees with many different roles and responsibilities can benefit from analyzing data to find timely insights and gain a competitive advantage.
Data-backed visualizations allow anyone to explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose. Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Beyond the fundamental capabilities of creating data-driven visualizations, Tableau allows user to manipulate data with calculations to show insights, make visualizations interactive, and perform statistical analysis. This gives users the ability to create and share data-driven insights with peers, executives, and clients.
- Creating and connecting to data sources
- Defining subsets of your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Data extracts
- Comparing measures
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Blend data to visualize relationships
- Join data
- Access data in PDFs
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters
- Manipulate data with calculations
- Visualize data with advanced calculations
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting
- Enrich visualizations, dashboards, and maps
PrerequisitesDATA 200 or equivalent experience.
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using Tableau to perform numerical or general data analysis, visualization, and reporting. They need to provide data visualizations from multiple data sources, or combine data to show comparisons, manipulate data through calculations, create interactive visualizations, or create visualizations that showcase insights from statistical analysis.
This course is also designed for students who plan to obtain Tableau® Desktop Qualified Associate certification, which requires candidates to pass the Desktop Qualified Associate exam.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Analyst : Data Analyst