Traditional requirements gathering fails when documents are incomplete and inaccurate. Agile requirements gathering allows for rapid response to change by moving detailed requirements closer to implementation. This course shows you how to gather and manage these requirements. Explanatory lectures with demonstrations, combined with practice exercises, will provide you the experience needed to create requirements that meet your customers’ business needs.
This is a 14-hour course, delivered over 2 days.
- Agile Overview
- Project Initiation
- Focus on the Customer
- User Stories
- Product Backlog
- Estimating and Planning
- Release Plan
- Iteration Plan and Execution
- Retrospective on Communicating Requirements
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Write user stories
- Appreciate how the best-known methods in traditional requirements processes can apply to Agile methods
- Communicate requirements using Agile techniques to bridge the customers’ and developers’ needs
- Identify stakeholder and user roles to ensure that all requirement viewpoints are elicited
- Create and maintain a product backlog
- Prioritize requirements so that the most important customer needs are delivered first
- Formulate an iterative project plan with feedback cycles that keep the project on track
- Estimate business value for requirements to track how a project contributes to the enterprise
- Develop requirements in an iterative approach to capture the details at the appropriate time
Collaborating and Communicating Agile Requirements is designed for IT managers, IT directors, project managers, team leaders, QA testers, QA engineers, developers, business analysts, product managers and business customers and partners. It counts toward the Business Analysis Tools & Techniques certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis Tools & Techniques : Business Analysis Tools & Techniques