Project failures are often due to poor requirements gathering, analysis and planning. Traditional requirements documents may not contain complete and accurate requirements due to rapidly changing business environments. Agile requirements gathering, by moving detailed requirements closer to implementation, allows for rapid response to change. "Collaborating and Communicating Agile Requirements" will show you how to gather and manage these requirements.
Traditional requirements are documented in a requirements specification. Changes to the requirements are managed through a change process. This course will demonstrate alternative ways of documenting requirements and managing changes. These alternatives can allow for a less "heavy" process in projects that can benefit from quick changes in direction.
This two-day Agile requirements training course will give you hands-on experience with techniques for gathering Agile requirements. Explanatory lectures with demonstrations, combined with practice exercises will provide you with the experience needed to create requirements that meet business needs.
- Agile Overview
- Project Initiation
- Focus on the Customer
- User Stories
- Product Backlog
- Estimating and Planning
- Release Plan
- Iteration Plan and Execution
- Retrospective on Communicating Requirements
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Master writing user stories
- Appreciate how best known methods in traditional requirements processes can apply to Agile methods
- Communicate requirements using agile techniques to bridge the customers' and developers' needs.
- Identify stakeholders and user roles to ensure that all requirement viewpoints are elicited
- Create and maintain a product backlog
- Prioritize requirements so that the most important customer needs are delivered first
- Formulate an iterative project plan with feedback cycles that keep the project on track
- Estimate business value for requirements to track how a project contributes to the enterprise
- Develop requirements in an iterative approach to capture the details at the appropriate time
- This course will be valuable to all those involved in developing technology solutions that meet business requirements and would like to do so using Agile methods. This course is perfect for:
- Business Customer or Partner
- Product Manager or Customer Representative
- Business or Systems Analyst
- Architect or Developer
- QA Tester or QA Engineer
- Project Manager or Team Leader
- IT Manager/Director
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 14.0 PDU
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis Tools & Techniques : Business Analysis Tools & Techniques