ITIL® is the world’s leading best practice framework for implementing IT Service Management. Organizations use ITIL to plan, implement, support and improve services and create value for their customers. In this course you will learn the Foundational knowledge and skills for adopting and adapting best practices for ITSM in your organization.
Lesson 1: ITIL 4 Overview
- Structured Benefits
- The Service Value System
- Four Dimensions of Service Management
Lesson 2: Key Concepts of ITIL
- What is Service Management?
- Service Relationships
- Creating Value
Lesson 3: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- A Holistic Approach to Value Delivery
- Organizations and People
- Informational Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
- External Factors
Lesson 4: The ITIL Service Value System (SVS)
- Guiding Principles
- Service Value Chain
- Continual Improvement
Lesson 5: The ITIL Guiding Principles
- Focus on Value
- Start Where You Are
- Progress Iteratively with Feedback
- Collaborate and Promote Visibility
- Think and Work Holistically
- Keep It Simple and Practical
- Optimize and Automate
- Principle Interaction
Lesson 6: Governance
- Governing Bodies
- Governance Activities
- The Role of Governance in the SVS
Lesson 7: The Service Value Chain
- Design and Transition
- Obtain and Build
- Deliver and Support
Lesson 8: Continual Improvement
- The Model, the Value Chain, and Practice
- Continual Improvement Model
- Continual Improvement and the Guiding Principles
- Theory of Constraints
Lesson 9: Key ITIL Practices
- Introduction to ITIL Practices
- Continual Improvement
- Service Level Management
- Change Control
- Incident Management
- Service Request Management
- Service Desk
- Problem Management
Lesson 10: Other ITIL Practices
- General Management Practices
- Service Management Practices
- Technical Management Practices
At the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamental components of ITIL 4.
- Define the key concepts of ITIL 4.
- Identify the four dimensions of Service Management.
- Identify the components and functions of the ITIL Service Value System (SVS).
- Analyze the ITIL guiding principles.
- Identify the function of governance within the ITIL SVS.
- Identify the components and functions of the Service Value Chain (SVS).
- Discuss continual improvement within ITIL 4.
- Analyze the key ITIL management practices.
- Define the general, service, and technical management practices of ITIL.
NotesThe cost of class includes exam voucher.
PrerequisitesTo ensure your success in this course, end-user level computer and networking skills are required.
This course is designed for anyone who would like a foundational understanding of IT Service Management, its key principles and practices, and how it will help you deliver better value to your customers. It is appropriate for all IT staff and management, as well as customers who work closely with IT to support business requirements.
Some level of work experience in IT service support or IT service delivery is highly recommended.