The CompTIA PenTest+ exam focuses on offense through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment. It is the only penetration testing exam with both performance-based simulations and multiple-choice questions to ensure you have the skills, knowledge and ability to perform tasks on systems. CompTIA PenTest+ also includes the management skills used to plan, scope and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
CompTIA PenTest+ requires you to demonstrate your ability to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
This course covers 10 lessons over 35 hours.
- Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Penetrating Networks
- Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Testing Applications
- Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and analyze a penetration test
- Gather background information, scan networks for vulnerabilities and analyze basic scripts
- Perform social engineering tests and physical security tests
- Exploit network, wireless and RF vulnerabilities using Windows and Unix-based systems
- Test source code and compiled apps
- Use lateral movement, persistence and anti-forensics techniques to complete penetration tests
- Take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam
This course helps the participant prepare for CompTIA’s PenTest+ PT1-001 exam and includes an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks, collaborate effectively and report findings.