Earning CompTIA’s Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification verifies that you have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools. This course prepares you to perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to your organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting your applications and systems.
CySA+ is the only intermediate-level cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based simulations covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response.
This course covers 11 lessons over 35 hours:
- Assessing Information Security Risk
- Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
- Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Analyzing Log Data
- Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Addressing Security Architecture Issues
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Mitigate and document risk
- Assess threats and attacks to computing and network environments
- Implement a vulnerability management plan
- Conduct vulnerability scans and penetration tests
- Deploy a security intelligence collection platform
- Use security information and event management (SIEM) tools to analyze log data
- Use Windows-based tools and Linux-based tools to analyze incidents
- Mitigate incidents and prepare for forensic investigation as a computer security incident response team
- Apply a forensic investigation plan and collect electronic evidence securely
- Implement security during the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Take the CompTIA CySA+ certification exam
This course helps the participant prepare for CompTIA’s CySA+ CS0-001 exam and includes an exam voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Learn about more cybersecurity topics here
CySA+ is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability experts and threat intelligence analysts. It is recommended that you have 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience and Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge.