You demonstrate your personal leadership brand every day, through what you write and how you speak. You want to be sure your readers and listeners form an impression of you that is confident, focused, and engaging. Effective writing and compelling speaking are skills you cultivate, and that require practice.
The first day of this class focuses on strong business writing, with an emphasis on concise, easy to understand writing, with clear actions for the reader. Topics covered include: importance of good writing; writing for mobile channels; effective email subject lines; direct writing style; editing skills; and reader-focused writing processes to inspire action.
The second day involves the participant in delivering short talks and receiving peer feedback and instructor coaching on style and delivery. Listeners form impressions of us in each speaking exchange during our day. The participant will use video recordings for development and self-coaching. This class provides an opportunity to see how listeners perceive you, and through active participation, learn how to manage the impression you give your listeners - to enhance your content with compelling and engaging delivery.
- The cost of poor business writing
- How business writing creates your professional persona
- Digital communication writing strategies
- Distinguish "good" from "bad" business writing in examples
- Apply the 5 steps in the writing process
- Reader-focused writing
- Identify the various audiences for your writing
- Discuss which document to write for which purpose and audience
- Discuss principles of organization, content, and layout in business documents
- Identify the purpose of your business communication
- Practice what you have learned in group and individual exercises; business writing scenarios; peer review of your own writing
- Business writing communication development plan
- Identifying effective business communicators
- Reviewing your recording and set communication goals
- Assessing your speaking style, structure and language
- Developing your communication presence as a speaker and a listener
- How to manage speaking anxiety to enhance communication ability
- Effective communication feedback
- Effective communication content based on listeners
- Storytelling as a communication strategy
- Visual communications
- Engaging your listeners
- Presentation delivery and practice including video recording
- Creating your personalized communication development plan
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Recognize reader-focused business writing skills and what makes it effective
- Identify the primary and secondary audiences for any specific document
- Use key business writing strategies to get your written message across clearly to make sure your message is read and acted upon.
- Choose the right document type for your purpose and for the audience who will read and use it.
- Consistently use 5 business writing strategies: Complete, Clear, Consistent, Concise, and Correct.
- Use a proven writing process for business writing: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, editing, evaluating and publishing.
- Apply principles of effective organization, content, and layout to any business document including electronic communication.
- Accurately assess and improve communication abilities through video recordings
- Influence and inspire listeners with a confident communication presence
- Use strategies to help you think on your feet
- Demonstrate clear communication and confidence in your delivery, content and visuals
- Modify communication content and style based on who is listening
- Engage your listeners through your speaking and your listening
- Identify what makes communicators effective and learn how to use these techniques
- Give and receive useful feedback on presentation content and delivery
- Create and use a personalized communication plan
Audience: This course is for anyone who aspires to be an extraordinary communicator. You will improve your communication skills whether you are a new or experienced manager, a project manager or team leader, and/or, are interested in personal and career development. This workshop is required for students pursuing a Technology & Leadership certificate of advanced studies in Leadership Development
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Development : Required