Course DescriptionITIL Continual Service Improvement links improvement efforts and outcomes with the other lifecycle stages of Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Operation. Successful implementation of CSI best practices enables IT organizations and their users and customers to create and maintain business value through improved design, transition and operation of services. In this course, you learn how to plan, implement and optimize the Continual Service Improvement processes. The course also prepares you to take the Continual Service Improvement exam.
Special notes: This course includes a 90-minute multiple-choice exam.
- Goals and scope of CSI
- Purpose of Service Measurement
- Principles of Continual Service Improvement
- Defining ownership and roles
- Predicting and reporting service performance vs. targets
- The 7-Step Improvement Process
- Determining what to measure
- Gathering the data with monitoring tools and manual processes
- Activities for delivering Continual Service Improvement
NotesAudience: This course is for managers, operational staff, and others involved in or requiring a deep understanding of Continual Service Improvement.
- ITIL Foundation certification or ITIL V3 Foundation Bridging exam. Note: Students must be able to provide certification proof in order to take the exam
- Strongly recommended but not required: Prior to class, purchase and review the book ITIL V3 Service Strategy, available from the itSMF USA (recommended), Amazon, and other book sellers